Sunday, May 20, 2012

Ring of Fire


Todays Annular Solar Eclipse. 'Annular' apparently comes from the Latin word Annulus which means ring or circular....We caught this view on our way home from the movies (The Avenger's) and the radio station was playing Stan Ridgway's version of Ring of Fire, very apropos. 


Our view was more of a crescent-shape however and looked like an exceptionally bright moon, the marine layer coming off the ocean acting like the perfect filter...


(this noir-ish photo was taken w/my iPhone and run through iPhoto, I didn't shoot in black and white, there just wasn't enough light for color)

1 comment:

  1. Cindy,

    I've been following you for years. I would to talk sometime and maybe discover our common link. Also I think our music has a lot in common.... and really, "When did Jesus become a republican?" - i love that line!

    ReplyDelete