Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Magnificent Other

About six months ago, I wrote about being in the studio, mixing and putting vocals on tracks I'd originally recorded back in 1999 and 2000 (and previously unreleased),...this is one of the songs. The story on this and the other seven songs goes back to a blog entry I posted in August 2010...I was listening to the songs today, driving by the ocean, on my way home from work and thought I'd let you in on some of the sounds that will be released sometime later this year...

This tune, Magnificent Other (1999), features vocals by me, Lindsey Troy and Anna Troy, with Randy Hoffman (vibraphone), Renata Bratt (cello), Roger Manning (keyboards), Chris Davies (lead guitar), Stew (rhythm guitar), Stephen Hodges (drums), Justin Meldal Johnson (bass), Mike Harris (recording engineer), Lee Ray (mixing engineer), CLB (the final word)

1 comment:

  1. Besides cello, I'm also playing the melodica, as you can see from the photo.

    Renata

    ReplyDelete